2020/2021 Adjunct Lecturer - Biology
Job no: 494557
SUNY Budget Title: Adjunct Lecturer
Work type: Temporary part time
Categories: Faculty & Libraries
Adjunct Lecturer - Biology Department
Suny Brockport is seeking applicants for anticipated part-time adjunct faculty openings in the department of Biology.
The department typically hires adjunct faculty to teach classroom-based, hybrid, and on-line courses for the areas listed below but this list is not all inclusive. Illustrative needs include:
- Responsible for preparing lesson plans, creating appropriate teaching aids, and arranging provision of instructional materials and activities for students usage during class. The adjunct professor is responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives established by the Department
- Must maintain accurate records on students and submit pertinent data to the department and/or the College, including, but not limited to, attendance information, course information sheets, final exams and final grades.
- In some cases, supervision of laboratory teaching assistants.
The department typically hires for the courses/subject areas listed below, but this list is not all inclusive. Other courses/subject areas may become available within the department. ILLUSTRATIVE COURSE NEEDS INCLUDE:
- BIO 111 Principles of Biology
- BIO 201 General Biology I
- BIO 202 General Biology II
- BIO 321 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO 322 Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIO 323 Microbiology
- BIO 414 Immunology
- Master's Degree in Biology or a related field by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Experience in college-level teaching
- Terminal degree preferred.
SUNY Brockport serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters' programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation.
The College is located along the famous Erie Canal, in the village of Brockport in western New York State, a region known for its low cost of living and stable housing market. The College benefits from a small-town atmosphere, even while located near major metropolitan cities. Brockport is:
Salary and Benefits
$2,500 per 3 credit hour course (this amount may vary and if it does it requires the Dean's office and the Provost's office approval.) Health insurance is available to part-time faculty who teach six or more credits, contact hours, or credit equivalents per semester.
Please visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials will be reviewed as positions become available and applications will be accepted through August 31, 2021.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/494557/20202021-adjunct-lecturer-biology
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency