- Adjunct Biology Instructor (Temporary)
- Go to our website »
Adjunct Biology Instructor (Temporary)
Posting Number: F00982
Location: San Ramon Campus
Description of Position:
DVC inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors close the equity gaps by fostering success among all students.
To further this work, DVC is looking to fill our hiring pool for Non-Majors Biology (BIOSC-102).
John Polos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: S4750 - Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Masters in any biological scienceOR
Bachelors in any biological science
Masters in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine scienceOR the equivalent.
Demonstrated commitment to student learning and demonstrated commitment to promoting the success of all students in an open-access learning environment,
Demonstrated sensitivity to and ability to motivate and teach community College students of diverse ethnic backgrounds, cultures, preparation, learning styles, and/or disabilities,
Commitment to professional growth and development, to innovation and improvement of teaching, and to assuming faculty responsibilities beyond the classroom in a shared governance environment,
Background in biological science.
Job Open Date: 04/24/2023
Job Close Date: 6/12/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2023
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9633
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency