This ad is expired.
Senior Data Analyst/Data Analyst
University of Nevada, Reno - Main Campus
The University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our recruitment helpline at (775) 784-1495 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For UNR Med professional job postings, please contact the Office of Professional Recruitment at (775) 784-6778.
The University of Nevada, Reno, Research & Innovation Division (R&I), is recruiting for a Senior Data Analyst or Data Analyst, depending on experience. This position reports to the Director of Business Operations, with dotted lines to the Associate Vice President of Research and Associate Vice President of Research Administration.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the management and development of computer and software-related tasks for departments under the Research and Innovation (R&I). This position has a special emphasis on the management of research data, implementation and analysis of data collected through research-related enterprise software systems, and supporting and providing access to these systems.
- Generating standard and special reports
- Internal application support
- Data extraction and analysis
- Query development Database management
- Configuring and analyzing information systems
- Working with end users to determine strategies and operational needs
- Working closely with UNR's Office of Information Technology (OIT) to provide technical leadership, direction, and training in database and information systems within R&I
- Determining needs of various users and highly technical information for priority and resource application
The Senior Data Analyst, in addition to the above, will design, develop, and/or implements new software and systems, performs systems testing, and acts as a liaison between the R&I, UNR Office of Information Technology (OIT), System Administration functional leads and business analysts to develop, administer, and maintain databases, software, and informational systems.
- Managing changes associated with system development and develops integrations with 3rd party vendor systems, and data conversions
- Create relevant data models
- Apply statistical methodology and interpret underlying data
- Interpret disparate datasets and effectively communicates relevant findings
- Develop services, infrastructure, and procedures for research data
- Work with external agencies data
- Analyze current trends in research funding and productivity
- Work across multiple tools and frameworks to build automation and data workflow management
Required Qualifications - Candidates will be hired at the level that is comparable to their experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of related professional experience, OR a Master's Degree and one (1) year of related professional experience.
Related Experience: coded data system analysis, data extraction, and/or custom reporting or administration of a large complex software application such as an SQL or Windows server, or institutional repositories
Senior Data Analyst
Bachelor's Degree and four (4) years of related professional experience, OR a Master's Degree and two (2) years of related professional experience.
Related Experience: Coded data system analysis, data extraction, and/or custom reporting from a large complex software application such as an SQL server; business application data analysis; software development; complex financial information systems; experience in applying statistical methodology for understanding the meaning within the data.
Candidates with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server database including database design, database administration and developing complex SQL queries
- Experience in data extraction and transformation from various information systems and data sources
- Knowledge of REST and RPC APIs
- Experience in ERP and/or financial systems
Data Analyst - Comp Grade B. Estimated Salary - $58,000-$74,000
Senior Data Analyst- Comp Grade C. Estimated Salary Range - $75,000-$95,000
To view the salary schedule for this position, please visit: Salary Schedules and select Administrative Faculty by Grade.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with related education and experience.
Our retirement plan is beyond compare. Your 15.50% contribution is generously matched by the University. With the faculty retirement plan, you are 100% vested your first day. Sit back and watch your retirement dollars grow! All permanent employees on an annual "A" or "B" contract who are employed at least 50% full-time are eligible to participate in the NSHE retirement program unless they are members of PERS of Nevada.
Perks of working at UNR
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- Generous annual and sick leave and life insurance- Faculty Benefits
- E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center offers an annual or semester membership and family membership options. E.L. Wiegand Fitness Center
- Mountain EAP supports employees (and eligible dependents) through life's difficult moments. Mountain EAP is located in Reno and specializes in counseling and advising services for personal or interpersonal issues.
- Several Diversity Committees and Affinity Groups focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives to ensure we are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate. Diversity Groups
- Faculty Senate is the principal representing body for faculty. Its membership includes representatives from each academic and administrative major unit of the University. Faculty Senate
- No state income tax
The University is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner. Faculty Grant-in-Aid
Faculty Dual Career Assistance Program
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the importance of addressing dual-career couples' professional needs. We offer a dual career assistance program to newly hired faculty spouses/partners that provides resources and assists them to identify career opportunities in Northern Nevada. Dual Career Assistance Program
Research & Innovation focuses on enhancing the research enterprise by supporting collaboration and innovation.
Asta Ratliff - email@example.com
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach the following documents to your application
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact information for three professional references
4) Please write a brief statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward our mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying.
This posting is open until filled.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. This search will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member's first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver's license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
University of Nevada, Reno
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNR-external/job/University-of-Nevada-Reno---Main-Campus/Senior-Data-Analyst-Data-Analyst_R0130645
Founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno is the State of Nevadas land grant institution with a statewide mission and presence. The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie I Research Institution and has been recognized as a "Top Tier" Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. With an enrollment of nearly 21,000 students we offer 145 Tier 1 accredited degree programs. Located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows the University of Nevada, Reno is surrounded by numerous state and national parks, is 45 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, and four hours from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency